Saturday, March 28, 2009

Buying a house

YAY! We finally are in the process of buying a house! When we first told my cousin (who is my Realtor) that we wanted to buy a house, everyone was so excited and telling us how easy of a process it is and that we would find a house quickly because the market is a buyers market. My cousin's wife gave me the best and most realistic view of buying a house, which is, it can be a long and emotional process espeically when you find a house you love and you don't get it. That in a nutshell is exactly what happened to us. We have been looking for a house since Dec and kept putting offers on homes, but we were always outbid or the home went to foreclosure. I was sad quite a few times that we didn't get a home we had put an offer on, but we were blessed to get the home we did at the time we did. Even though I am pretty sure I don't want to go through all of that again, I am grateful for the lessons I learned. Which are: 1- Heavenly Father takes care of you, even if you don't like the timing, 2- House huting is HARD, 3- House hunting is emotional, and 4- I am so grateful that I dont' have to move around a lot.

1 comment: